Introduction to the Program
BS Applied Psychology program at UHE is designed to provide an academically rigorous yet supportive culture on campus to enhance students’ learning experience. Our faculty and graduates are expected to be competent and ethical professionals committed to the science of psychology and its application to real-world situations. Our programs provide students with a strong grounding in the theory, research, and practice of Psychology. Our aim is to develop compassionate, ethical, and knowledgeable psychologists who can provide evidence-based services for children, adults, and families in a variety of healthcare, educational and organizational settings.
Scope of BS Program
BS Applied Psychology is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in psychological principles and their application to various real-world contexts. Here are some potential areas of scope for a BS Applied Psychology:
- Applied Research: Graduates can work in research settings, assisting in designing and conducting studies, collecting and analyzing data, and interpreting findings to inform decision-making in fields such as healthcare, education, marketing, or human resources.
- Human Resources: Applied psychology graduates can pursue careers in human resources, where they can utilize their understanding of human behavior to improve employee selection and training processes, develop performance evaluations, and enhance workplace motivation and productivity.
- Counseling and Social Services: BS in Applied Psychology can provide a solid foundation for entry-level positions in social service agencies, community organizations, or mental health facilities, where graduates may work under the supervision of licensed professionals.
- Marketing & Organizational Behavior: Applied psychology graduates can contribute to improving organizational effectiveness and employee well-being. They can assist in areas such as employee satisfaction surveys, organizational development, leadership training, and team building. Applied psychology graduates can contribute to market research, consumer behavior analysis, and advertising campaigns by applying their knowledge of psychological principles and techniques.
- Health and Wellness: Graduates can apply their understanding of psychology to support health and wellness initiatives, such as developing behavior change programs, promoting healthy lifestyles, and assisting in patient education and advocacy.
- Educational services: Applied Psychology graduates can work in educational settings by providing their services as student counselor and solving different issues relating to the process of teaching, learning, curriculum development and management. They can work in school settings as school psychologist helping students overcome difficulties in learning, behavior and social adjustments.
- Mental Health Services: Applied psychology graduates can assist in clinical settings by providing the mental health services to the patients who are suffering from different mental disorders.
The BS Applied Psychology course provides a strong grounding in the principles of psychology and training in mental health. Our course prepares graduates for further training in the field of psychology or a related discipline. Upon completing a professional post-graduate degree students can work in a variety of fields such as:
- Private Clinics, Mental Health Institutes, Rehabilitation/Addiction Centers
- Guidance and Counseling centers and Institutions for individuals with special needs.
- Educational Institutions (Campus Counselors, Placement Officers, Teaching positions)
- Armed forces, Police and Government institutes
- National and Multinational organizations
- Marketing Research Organizations
- Social welfare agencies, NGOs etc
- The candidates holding F.A./F.Sc./A levels or equivalent qualifications with at least 45% marks and age not more than 24 years are eligible for admission in BS programs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes